PH Sensor module Digital kit (PH ELECTRODE PROBE + SENSOR MODULE) 5V DC (compatible with Arduino)
OverViewPH Sensor Sensor Module - (High Quality)
PH Sensor Sensor Module - (High Quality)
This PH Sensor Module with Probe is specially designed for Arduino based controllers but can also me used with other MCU circuits. Very stable and excellent reading tested in lab. It has an LED which works as the Power Indicator, a BNC connector and PH electrode sensor interface. A simple board to check the ph value of a liquid. The pH stands for the power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. This is used in Water quality testing and Aquaculture. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline.The PH electrode has a single cylinder that allows direct connection to the input terminal of a pH meter, controller, or any pH device which has a BNC input terminal. The pH electrode probe is accurate and reliable that can give almost instantaneous readings.
This board can be easily connected to any MCU or Arduino boards. The serial interface system is integrated to simply connect with most of the devices. It is small size, low power, enabling a variety of applications.
- Operating Voltage is 5V DC.
- The best environment temperature is about 25 degree.
- The PH Probe is connected to the BNC connector on the PH Sensor Module and then use the connection lines, PH Sensor Module is connected to the analog port of the controller.
- When the controller gets power, you will see the blue/red LED on board is on.
- Put the PH Probe into the standard solution. Open the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE, you can see the pH value printed on it or connect to any MCU as desired.
Module Interface Description:
- To : The output of the temperature sensor for temperature compensation. At a temperature of 25°C is the voltage of about 3.6 V with increasing temperature the voltage decreases (with a delay). At 100°C is the voltage of about 0.85 In.
- Do : digital output (5V / 0V) responsive to the set threshold value ph. The threshold is set by the potentiometer closer to the output pins.
- Po : the output of the ph sensor (-0.4 V to 0.4 V) amplified 2x. The mean value of the voltage of the ph sensor 0V (PH7) is shifted in the range of about 1V to 2.5 V using the potentiometer closer to the connector for the ph probe.
- G : GND (ground)
- G : GND (ground)
- V+ : 5V
Step to Use the pH Meter:
- Connect equipment according to the graphic, that is, the pH electrode is connected to the BNC connector on the pH meter board，and then use the connection lines, the pH meter board is connected to the analog port 0 of the Arduino controller. When the Arduino controller gets power, you will see the blue LED on board is on.
- Upload the sample code to the Arduino controller.
- Put the pH electrode into the standard solution whose pH value is 7.00，or directly shorted the input of the BNC connector. Open the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE, you can see the pH value printed on it, and the error does not exceed 0.3. Record the pH value printed, then compared with 7.00, and the difference should be changed into the “Offset” in the sample code. For example, the pH value printed is 6.88, so the difference is 0.12. You should change the “# define Offset 0.00” into “# define Offset 0.12” in your program.
- Put the pH electrode into the pH standard solution whose value is 4.00. Then wait about one minute, adjust the gain potential device, let the value stabilize at around 4.00. At this time, the acidic calibration has been completed and you can measure the pH value of an acidic solution.
- Please use an external switching power supply, and the voltage as close as possible to the +5.00V. More accurate the voltage, higher the accuracy!
- Before the electrode in continuous use every time, you need to calibrate it by the standard solution, in order to obtain more accurate results. The best environment temperature is about 25 ℃, and the pH value is known and reliable, close to the measured value. If you measure the acidic sample, the pH value of the standard solution should be 4.00. If you measure the alkaline sample, the pH value of the standard solution should be 9.18.Subsection calibration, just in order to get better accuracy.
- Before the pH electrode measured different solutions, we need to use water to wash it. We recommend using de-ionized water.
Remarks: If you want to measure the pH value of different solutions, you must wash the pH electrode first!
- Water quality testing
1X PH Electrode Probe
1X PH Sensor Detection Module (High quality)
*Image shown is a representation only.