APM 2.8 Flight Controller with Built-in Compass
OverViewAPM 2.8 Flight Controller with Built in CompassAPM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is an upgraded version of 2.5, 2.6; with a Built-in Compass for FPV RC Drone. The sensors are exactly the same as the...
APM 2.8 Flight Controller with Built in Compass
APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is an upgraded version of 2.5, 2.6; with a Built-in Compass for FPV RC Drone. The sensors are exactly the same as the APM 2.6 flight controller; however, the module has the option to use the built-in compass an external compass via a jumper. This makes the APM 2.8 ideal for use with multi-copters and rovers.
The APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is a complete open source autopilot system. This is the best selling technology that won the prestigious Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary-wing. In addition, it turns multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle. meanwhile, it is capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
APM Flight controller Using the built-in compass:
To use the built-in compass simply connect the jumper as shown below. The APM board will use the external compass, during the compass jumper is removed.
Powerful ground control software features:
The downloadable mission planner software is used to configure and control your Ardupilot board:
- Point-and-click waypoint entry, using Google Maps.
- Select mission commands from drop-down menus.
- Download mission logs files and analyzes them.
- Configure APM settings for your airframe.
- Interface with a PC flight simulator to create a full hardware-in-the-loop UAV simulator.
- See the output from APM’s serial terminal.
- To Calibrate APM 2.8 flight controller Using Mission planner
- Straight Needle
- Arduino Compatible!
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic data logging.
- Optional off-board GPS, a uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- One of the first open-source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and USB functions respectively.
- 1 x APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller.
- 2 x Connecting Wires.
*Image shown is a representation only.